My updated website!

Thursday, January 31, 2013


Doreen Kassel's Magical Ornament Girl & Skinny Legs Workshop

Saturday, April 6th, 2013
10:00AM - 5:00 PM

308 West 89th Street, New York, NY(map)



$110.00 Plus Kit Fee ($20) 

In the Magical Ornament Girl & Skinny Legs workshop, choose to construct a fanciful doll, suspended from a gold cord or a standing Sculptural doll. Both are made from polymer built over a paper mache or glass ornament. We'll sculpt the doll using the ornament and wire armature or lollipop sticks and then we'll paint her/him using a special technique of multiple coats of oil paints. Ribbons and glitter add to the magic.

Supplies to bring to class:
 One lb (pound) of Premo Polymer Clay.
Some decent pointed brushes.
a work surface
some clay tools
a pasta machine, if you have it (Doreen will bring one, too)

Suggested: An excellent sculpting tool that Doreen highly recommends:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/double-end-clay-shapers/
#10 or # 6


A $20 Kit fee will include:
Oil Paints
Ornaments, paper mache and glass
turpenoid
Popsicle sticks

wire
ribbon
glitter


Doreen's bio:
I spent many years as a professional children’s book illustrator, but eventually I wanted my work to exist off the page, on its own & have no editor but me. I tell stories or convey a feeling with my work; whether in a tile, where there is often a narrative, or in a sculpture or ornament. My pieces are in collections all over the world and in galleries in the United States. I was honored to win a Niche award in 2011 and to be a double finalist this year, the award recognizes excellence in craftsmanship. I'm thrilled to share my excitement & enthusiasm for these creations in workshops across the country and Europe. www.doreenkassel.com doreenkassel@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment